- Dr. Mária BENKO
Institute for Veterinary Medical Research,
Centre for Agricultural Research, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
1143 Budapest, Hungaria krt. 21.
1581 Budapest, POBox 18
- • 1975: DVM, University of Veterinary Sciences, Budapest
- • 1991: CSc (Degree of Candidate of Veterinary Sciences)(with the supervision of Adorjan Bartha)
- • 1999: Habilitation at the University of Veterinary Sciences, Budapest
- • 2002: Professor of the Szent Istvan University, Godollo
- • 2010: DSc (Doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Time period
- Working experience and interest
- 1975 - 1980
- Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Budapest, Clinical Vet at the Department of Chronic Toxicity
- 1980 - 1981
- Veterinary Institute of Debrecen, Laboratory Vet at the Autopsy of mammalian animals
- 1981 - 1996
- Viral respiratory diseases of cattle (IBR, RS, PI-3, adenoviruses)
- 1981 to 2011
- Veterinary Medical Research Institute of Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2012 to present
- Institute for Veterinary Medical Research, Centre for Agricultural Research, HAS
- 1996 to present
- Molecular Virology Group
- According to my opinion, ESVV should ...
strengthen the bonds between East and West. At the foundation, the Society
predominantly consisted of members from Western Europe.
The Eastern European(especially the former socialistic) countries are still under-represented. I would recommend
a comprehensive revision of the membership to clarify the status of every former and
present member. Recruitment targeting the youngest veterinary virologist generation from
Central, Southern and Eastern European countries should be continued.